Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Goal writing


I start every year with my "staple" resolutions of exercising more, eating better, reading/writing more, and being an all-around better mother/person/wife/friend/sister/daughter/etc.

This year, though, I've been thinking beyond simple resolutions... I've been thinking about the act of setting goals and actually achieving them. Big, serious stuff!

One thing I've heard a lot about lately is the fact that writing your goals down makes you much more likely to achieve them. Why? Maybe it's because we feel more committed when we've put pen to paper? Or maybe it's just because we have a physical reminder once those goals can be seen daily on a piece of paper? I'm not sure why this is, but it definitely deserves a chance. If nothing else, it'll help me to conceptualize some of the goals floating around my head.

Any other goal-setting/achieving tips i shoould be aware of? Do you write down your goals?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment